Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sweet Moments


Tonight I am in need of a visual of my favorite season and my favorite 5 year old girl. These past 2 weekends I have had some sweet alone time with my daughter; unplanned moments of simple pleasures.

I had the privilege of introducing her to tiramisu gelato; she is now convinced of it's deliciousness.

We went leaf collecting and "crunching" (aka: stomping on fallen leaves) and played at a park.

Today we went clothes shopping, which is usually not at all fun for me, but watching her gleefully try on women's "stompy" shoes in TJMaxx was too entertaining to pass up.

We skipped along and stood still to watch a beautiful sunset.

Purchased 2 items from the dollar menu at McDonalds: small fries and chicken nuggets. I was the dinner hero (which, by the way, is the role her dad usually gets to play).


I love viewing what is predictable and daily through the eyes of my children; my focus is enhanced by a glow of appreciation. I know my life would be richer yet if I took more moments to pause and put their childlike lenses on. It's not so much the "what" I am doing but more about the Who and who I am with...the Big Hand and small hands I am holding. It's looking beyond the tangible to the Author and Giver and remembering to enjoy and be thankful...in all things, each and every small thing.


"But Jesus called them to him saying, 'Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." Luke 18:16-17

No comments: