Now we are home and that feels great too and after a few days of settling in we are getting back to life's routine. Here's the thing though...I don't want it to be routine! Not with this feeling of newness and "fresh starts" resonating inside. Do you feel like you've been here before too? I do. Reminds me a bit of how students (and leaders alike) feel after they come back from a retreat or Challenge or a missions trip. There are always such great intentions in the midst of those emotions, aren't there? But we all know how far intentions get us...at least I do. Follow-through, discipline, faithfulness...a few of the things I usually see falter after a while.
My desire is for 2010 to be a mark of maturity in my life, a year where I see the change I desire to happen, REALLY happen. Not the kind of, "when I get to heaven" kind of transformation, because I know that won't even happen on this earth. Yet my hope and prayer is that it will be a notch mark at least - something I can look back at and see that it indeed moved me closer to the eternal me. And here is where the "me" part ends and the "He" part steps in.
All my aspirations and hopes for this day and every day ahead of me rest on HIM and His grace in my life. That is not to say I have no part, for I MUST be a willing, active participant in His plan for my life. Yet, I am definitely fooling myself if I think that this "clean slate" feeling or my resolve will get me farther than maybe falling on my face before the first rest stop. And so, my true hope for 2010 is in a Person and His Presence in my life.
I came across this verse this morning that I'd like to share with you all, as a prayer for you and for myself for this new year:
"Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen." Hebrews 13:20-21
I'd love to hear of your own hopes and prayers for 2010, so please feel free to post them in a comment or e-mail me (heatherstacey97@gmail.com). What great encouragements we can be to each other this year as we seek to walk with Jesus and allow the power of His Spirit to truly transform our moments, relationships and lives.
Blessings to each one of you,
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment