As I mentioned in my previous post, Shane and I had the great privilege of facilitating Rebound in San Diego this past week. It was a rich and refreshing time for about 120 youth workers and spouses and there would be pictures to prove it if I hadn't lost the camera we were using while at the retreat (oops!). Maybe my friend Jessica will help me out and send me pics that I can post on here. (hint, hint - Jess, I know Jonathan had to have gotten some good ones) : ) My favorite part of Rebound is how many wonderful people we get to meet or reunite with - it just absolutely thrills me to see the beauty of community as we talk, laugh, pray and play together - oh yes and share delicious meals together that we didn't have to cook (that one ranks up there pretty high for me). : )
So now I am HOME, remembering the sweetness of our time away while at the same time reconnecting with those little ones that complete our family and the community of people that we live among. As usual there is a bit of a wrestling inside between the relaxed woman who enjoyed inspiring mature conversations with people who called her Heather, mornings unmarked by whiny or rowdy children and uninterrupted QT with my man; with the busy yet blessed life God has given to me here in Minneapolis. When it comes down to it though, home IS where my heart is and I find my heart wants to be right where God has called me. I NEED times of refreshment and refocus as I'm sure you do too and, for those of you that I got to spend time with at Rebound, I pray that God supplied those necessary R's to you and your hubby in abundance! Even more I pray for you, as I pray for myself, that my rejuvenated self will now be increasingly content where and with whom He has planted me...all of it!
I am so glad to be home and I am so thankful to time to be refreshed and while I'm at it...I'm thankful for each of you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment