Friday, June 19, 2009

Shane to the rescue...

Friends, I am so pleased this morning!  

Shane came to the rescue and figured out why my Ipod shuffle has not been working (I haven't had it working for a few months) and I am loving the return of joyful music in my ears!! 

How is it that music has such an effect on our mood, attitude, outlook...it amazes me anew today and I am grateful to those who use their musical talent to put truth, words of worship and eternal perspectives into a beautiful melody that speaks to my heart.  It only makes sense that God has wired us to be deeply affected by music - He created it and He uses it for His good purposes.  Have you ever stopped to think what life would be like without music, instruments, singing?  When I imagine that scenario all I can think of is the feeling of being stifled, unable to express feeling, beauty and life...my heart not knowing how to speak.  It's something I take for granted I think...not that I have the gift of singing (because I most surely do not) but that the art of music exists in this world for our joy and for God's pleasure...for it is MOST beautiful when it reflects and honors the one who created it.

Psalm 84:1-4 reads:
How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD of hosts!
My soul longs, yes, faints
   for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and flesh sing for joy
   to the living God.

 Even the sparrow finds a home,
   and the swallow a nest for herself,
   where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O LORD of hosts,
   my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
   ever singing your praise! 

May His praises fill your heart today and overflow from your mouth.  May you walk though your day with a song in your heart to the One has invited you into His house to dwell with Him in the power of His Spirit because of His Son.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Heather ~

Hope that you're doing well!! You can be praying for our youth group, and Jonathan. They are heading out early tomorrow morning for Rosebud, SD. I'll be home alone with the boys so you can be praying for us as well. I'll be joining the group later in the Twin Cities for evangelism training while our boys stay at my parents'. So please be praying. Thanks!!