I think another reason I have so been looking forward to this month is partly because this past year has brought new and stretching times for all of us and I know the time of refreshment is needed and I am so grateful for the way God is caring for each of our needs in this way. In that same vein, this month (the 20th to be exact) marks that one year anniversary of when the "Minneapolis chapter" of our lives began. 1 year - unbelievable! When I look back and see all that God has done, all the prayers He has answered, all the intricate ways He has provided, I cannot believe it has only been 1 year because He has been busy! Milestones like this are so helpful in reminding me to take a step back, reflect and rejoice in God's goodness. I think I need to take these moments more often though, because there are so many small circumstances that seems so much bigger in the moment and I allow them to cloud my vision and clog up that flow of thankfulness. So thank the Lord for anniversaries! : - )
Finally, along with all the other joys July brings, we celebrate the birthday of the youngest member of our family - our sweet Ruth (or Ruthie, as we like to call her). She is blessed to always have extended family visiting this time of year and we get to have good old fashioned family celebratin' which I pray will be memories she will always cherish. I have learned how many simple pleasures I used to take for granted when I was younger and I am praying my children will see the hand of God in every small provision, in the "normal" stuff of life that is so easy to take for granted, and in seeing how BIG He is in EVERY circumstance.
In whatever July brings to each of you I pray you will have many moments of rejoicing in His goodness in every circumstance. If you have special time with family, vacation or just everyday life, I pray you will see the blessings and not the burdens and have eyes to see God's grace at work in each person. God's grace is at work in you today and EVERY day - be encouraged my friends and sisters. Thanks for allowing me to share with you on this blog. : - )
No comments:
Post a Comment