This morning my husband snuck up behind me and whispered in my ear that I should go hang out at Caribou this afternoon. Mind you, this did not follow any alarming behavior on my part that inspired him to suggest I needed a "break". Nope, he was just thinking of me and how because of the busyness of the past several weeks I hadn't been able to take my "big slice" of Jesus time otherwise known as a PRM, "personal retreat moment". Isn't he a keeper?
So today I refreshed and renewed with Jesus, while sipping a favorite brew and eating a forbidden scone.
And I also arrived at a milestone: #500 in my gratitude journal. Though it took me over 10 months, I am half-way to my goal. More importantly, I see a transformation in the works in my heart. That gave my insides a light and happy feeling today.
To share a few:
#480: The simple joys of this season capturing my heart.
#481: A dusting of snow that makes dirty clean.
#485. grace upon grace.
#490: First gift bag given to homeless woman.
#494: The sustaining power of longtime friendships.
#499: A special date with my little girl.
#500: 500 blessings recorded in 10+ months.
I could have definitely reached my goal earlier and I could also think of the lapses that bogged down my momentum. I could choose to remember the many moments when I forgot to give thanks for grace. I could, but that would be missing the point wouldn't it?
I think I'll just celebrate and be grateful for this light and happy feeling knowing that the JOY will remain beyond my feelings and that God is transforming me one number at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment