
I LOVE to read. Last November at Rebound I took a book along with me by a favorite author Roxanne Henke. FYI: Roxanne is from North Dakota, so good things do come from the Northland. : ) Since Rebound offers the gift of uninterrupted time to a mom who is getting away for a little while with her hubby (little plug for Rebound - there's more where that came from), I had time to read the whole book. It was the perfect read for that trip too because I was seeking refocus on mommyhood and needing some refreshment from the "dailyness". I haven't read a more motivating book for a parent before, specifically for a mom since the story focuses primarily on the mother/daughter relationship. I just wanted to run home to my kids after I read it and squeeze them and love all over them. I HIGHLY recommend this to ANY mom. I have a friend who blogs and she also just posted this as a recommended reading on her blog today...either we read each others minds or this IS a really great book. While we're on the topic, have you read a good book lately or sometime that you still remember? Please share...I get my best recommendations from other readers.
On another note entirely, to the wives of those on the SMC: Know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. After talking with Shane tonight it sounds like they are off to a great start. Thanks for sharing your husbands! Praying you find creative ways to spend your time in the next couple days and for much strength and patience (oh my, I needed some tonight with my 3 1/2 year old who listens best to Daddy at bedtime...so you can pray for me too) : )
Blessings,
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment