Sunday, February 22, 2009

Preparing...

First off, I thought it would be good for me to clarify a little more about this blog that, out of the blue, you have been invited to be a member of.  I have taken the initiative of inviting each of you because I have either received your e-mail address because your husband is on the EFCA Student Ministry Council, met you at Rebound in October (oh I could just stop right now and write about how great that retreat is, but will save that for a later post) or recently met some of you at Oasis in Wisconsin (which is still fresh in my mind as such a special time).  I really and truly look forward to any and every chance I get to meet women such as yourself...for a variety of reasons: the creativity of God evident in our differences, the common bond of knowing what it's like to have a husband in church ministry, the "Wonder Woman" I see in each of you as you seek to let Jesus shine through you...these are just a few.  That should hopefully give you an idea of why I began this blog and who has been invited to join the discussions we will have on here.
Back to preparing...right now that is what is taking place in our home.  As I am writing this, Shane is preparing to head out tomorrow morning on a 2 destination trip to get ready for Challenge 2010 in Ohio and then leader training in Texas.  The reason I thought to write about this is not simply to inform you (although prayers for this  "6 sleeps" trip would always be welcome) : ) but because it made me think of all of you.  The very non-normal schedule of local church ministry was helpful preparation for our lifestyle now of travel days and home days.  I had really good practice at "holding down the fort" and I know that each of you are living that reality presently.  Sometimes it is just helpful to hear that other moms also experience the responsibility of being a "super-sized" parent when our husbands have very late nights at church or are away with students, etc. I know it helps me to hear that the support role can get weighty for other wives too and that on their own they aren't Wonder Woman after all.  It also helps to hear encouragement and ideas on how to make those long days seem shorter or what helps keep the emotional and spiritual tanks full when the usage rate is above normal.
So here is our first opportunity at discussion (and if anyone has difficulty commenting, please e-mail me to let me know cause this blogging setup is very new to me).  This is a chance to speak into other's  lives, ask questions of others, offer encouragement and ask for prayer too!  I am excited to hear from you.  And as I meet my own challenges this week I will let you know what the Lord teaches me through it and probably have a few "what not to do" suggestions as well. : )  

Blessings,
Heather

No comments: